Supported by Maharashtra Government, Year – 2012 - 17
This project has been implemented in Assalgaon cluster, Jalgaon Jamod block, Nandura cluster Nandura block and Malkapur cluster Malkapur block of Buldhana district, in Maharashtra covering 80 villages. This project is supported by the government of Maharashtra (Dept of agriculture).
The objectives of this project were:
- Improve household incomes from diversified farming and from off-farm activities.
- Render farming systems resilient with the introduction of organic and low-input contract farming.
- Facilitate the involvement of farmers groups in primary processing, quality enhancement and marketing.
- Empower women through micro-finance and micro-enterprises.
- Achieve convergence of government programmes and resources.
In this project following activities were implemented:
- 150 youths were trained for motor rewinding work.
- 110 youths were trained for pump repairing work.
- 150 farmers were trained for low cost farming techniques.
- 13 ex-poser visits were conducted with the 118 beneficiaries.
- Poultry kit provided to 900 beneficiaries for backyard poultry.
- 60 farmer families were provided with 120 cattle.
- 571 farmers were provided spray pumps.
- 45 milk cows were provided at a 35 % subsidized price.
- 29 tractor powered agricultural tools were provided to farmers in need.
- 94 farmers produced onion seeds.
- 3 self help groups got rotavators from a government scheme and 30 farmers took benefit.
- Under livestock activity dairy (1), goatry (2) and poultry (680) were given livelihood options to 692 beneficiaries.
- In this project VDC(78),SHG(319),Organic Program (12),BBF Orientation (73), BCI IPM (122) training programs were conducted and 11708 people participated.
- In the activity of agri enterprises maize plantation (1456 hectares), soil testing (244Nos), Sweet Corn (IFAD) (2hectres), LEISA(organic kit)(92 Nos), BD Compost(383Nos)and NSL Cotton (357 Nos) were created and the 2499 beneficiaries got benefit.
- Under structures of water conservation farm ponds(236), 25 No's bunds were deepened and Cement nala bandh(1) was established and 128 people benefited.
- 13 village water supply wells were recharged.